This dish is super easy to make and great for busy nights. I know everyone doesn’t like shrimp, but it’s easy to make this vegetarian or replace shrimp with another protein! Fried rice is something pretty much everyone loves, so the recipe comes in handy for any dinner you have to make to impress!
- 2 servings of rice per package directions, but boiled in vegetable or chicken broth for extra flavour (I used brown rice)
- 10-12 pieces of uncooked frozen pacific shrimp or fresh pacific shrimp
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup broccoli
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 4 drops lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Safflower oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 4 garlic cloves OR 2 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 egg
Makes 2 servings
- Cook rice by package directions, boiling it in vegetable or chicken broth for extra flavour.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a pan or wok on low. Add safflower oil, just enough to coat the pan. At this point add the onions and cook until translucent, then adding in the garlic and sautéing for a further minute.
- Add in the shrimp, sprinkle salt and pepper on top and then adding lemon juice. Keep the heat at low.
- Add cup of broccoli, then a dash of salt and pepper.
- Toss together until coated fully.
- Add rice, turn up to medium heat and add red pepper flakes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add the egg and stir until egg is fully mixed in with the rice.
Add parsley or green onion on top of the dish for garnish!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know if you try it!!