“Blue jean baby, L.A lady”
Jeans are my frenemy, we have a love-hate relationship. Although I’d probably rather be hanging around in leggings or sweatpants, an awesome outfit complimented by the perfect pair of jeans is priceless. Picking out the kind of jeans that best suits your style and works with your already pre existing wardrobe can be a daunting task – but that’s where this post comes in! I wanted to include as many types of jeans as possible, but each look can work in many ways. Here’s my how to guide for styling jeans!
- Cuffed Straight Leg JeansCuffing jeans is the easiest way to make them feel new again! I’m only 5’2 and usually have to do this anyway, so I decided to just make it a look. Here I paired it with ankle booties and a suede jacket which is an easy outfit for a dinner out.
- Levi’s 501 SkinnysEver since I bought these straighter legged original 501s, I’ve been obsessed. These give me an 80’s vibe with the high waist and relaxed fit. I love wearing these with converse or any sneaker as they show off the hem. This is my go to everyday look when I’m struggling to get up for class!
- Skinny Jeans SnazzyDressing up is a struggle for everyone. Trying to pick an outfit for anything relatively fancy sends me into a PANIC!! These Topshop Joni jeans come in just about every wash and they’re a lifesaver. Super high waisted skinnys always pair amazingly with heels. If you’re stuck looking for a cute outfit, grab your skinniest jeans and favourite heels and you’re set!
- Straight Leg TuckEvery good Canadian needs a plaid shirt, it’s a fact. As winter approaches, I’m taking every opportunity to wear my cute boots before the snow hits! Here I tucked my Levi’s 711 Skinny jeans into my favourite Sorels. Tucking jeans into boots is basically a winter necessity, made even cuter with knit socks peeking out on extra cold days!I had way too much fun with this particular outfit photoshoot as you can see!
- High Waisted RelaxedChanneling my inner Marilyn one day at a time!One of my favourite celebrities and style icons is Marilyn Monroe. I love the high waisted cigarette pants of the 50’s and relaxed knits sweaters to pair with them. These jeans are from Forever 21 and take on that style, although I’ve seen a similar look done in many stores! I cuffed these jeans to a long capri and paired them with loafers. It’s a super relaxed look while also making me feel put together.
Shop the looks:
Hope this inspired some new looks!