Happy New Year!! School and work have kicked back into gear, and that got me thinking about meal prep and easy recipes. My go to for busy days is always a simple pasta salad. I plan to keep posting work friendly food options, and this is the first recipe to kick off another busy year! This recipe is beyond easy and full of flavour.
- 2 cups of pasta (I used gemelli, penne and bowtie work well too)
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
Makes 4 servings
- Boil pasta in salted water for the amount of time directed on packaging, al dente is best for pasta salads.
- Drain pasta and put a generous coat of olive oil on noodles so they don’t stick, let cool for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the veggies into the bowl along with salt and pepper, then mix.
- Simply add all other spices and toss together with a spoon. If desired, you can add cheese or a protein in this step as well.
- Refrigerate the salad and portion it out for future quick meals!
I hope this recipe is helpful while you get back into the swing of things this month! This particular pasta salad is vegan, but adding a protein like chicken or any type of cheese would also be super tasty. Hope you enjoy the recipe!