I’m not going to lie to you… I’m not the healthiest person out there. I love food and snacks more than anything, and will never turn down something totally unhealthy and delicious. While thinking about fast on the go snacks that also feel like healthy decisions, energy balls came to mind pretty quickly. There are about a million variations of these on Pinterest, so I decided to share my own version with you. These have healthy aspects while also allowing you to indulge in peanut butter AND chocolate!! What more can you ask for?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips (semi sweet are my favourite)
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- salt to taste (a couple dashes should do)
This recipe makes about 6-8 energy balls, but is super easy to double if you want to make a large batch and freeze them!
*Note: Adding a tbsp of chia seeds is also a good addition in this recipe if you’re looking to add another healthy option.
- Place oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter.
- Add honey.
- Add chocolate chips and salt.
- Add cinnamon sugar and stir the mixture together.
- Finally, form mixture into balls using your hands and chill them in the fridge for about an hour. They will stay fresh for about a week, but I prefer to freeze them as I think they taste even better that way!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s super easy for an on the go snack, or a nice late night alternative to cookies. I love eating these straight from the freezer but I promise they’re just as good from the fridge! Thanks for reading!