Brunch is one of my favourite meals of the weekend, but a fancy Eggs Benedict can get pretty expensive! I was brainstorming a classy, easy homemade brunch and thought avocado would be the perfect ingredient to focus on. These avocado egg cups are a super easy way to impress your friends! I used ingredients I had on hand to garnish them, but feel free to get creative. Some of my other favourites to add to this dish are bacon, red pepper, red onions, and spinach.
- 1 large avocado (use overripe ones if you need an excuse to save them from the compost!)
- pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 campari tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded marble cheese
- generous sprinkle of parsley
Makes two avocado halves, double for each extra avocado added to recipe
*Get creative with your toppings, like I said, these are just what I had on hand!
- Begin by halving the avocado and spooning out the flesh. Depending on the size of your avocado, take out enough so that the egg will fit nicely in the hole.
- Crack eggs into the avocado halves.
- Sprinkle each half with pepper and kosher salt.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on each half.
- Place topics of your choice onto each half, in my case the cheese and chopped tomato.
- Bake at 400 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley.
I hope you enjoy this quick recipe, talk to you in the next one!